6/15/20 – All Kinetic Multisports races prior to Labor Day have been cancelled and registration for all remaining events continues to be on hold. Until we get the green light from our host communities that it is safe to race in large groups AND we can guarantee the race experience you deserve, registration will remain on hold. All athletes registered for Culpeper, Top of Delaware and North East Triathlons should have received an email this morning explaining the situation and your options going forward.
We are hopeful to race in September/October, but we have no idea what the future holds. Socially distancing a triathlon with road closures, paid police and ems support is not without it’s challenges. We can create a bit more space in some transition areas, others we are maxed out. Some venues lend themselves to having plenty of green space for athletes and their families to spread out, others not so much. We can do waves of 50 athletes every hour, but then our police and volunteers are on course for 10+ hours which is financial suicide. Rest assured, we REALLY want to race and will let you know once the stars align and we can do just that.
5/20/20 – Well, the dumpster fire that is the 2020 racing season roars on…all Kinetic Multisports races prior to July 31 have been cancelled. Registration for all remaining events continues to be on “hold” until we get the green light from our host communities that it is safe, and prudent to race in large groups. All athletes registered for Diamond in the Rough, Colonial Beach, and Tidewater Triathlons should have received an email this morning explaining the situation.
4/16/20 – Since our last email, the COVID-19 crisis has escalated and resulted in varying degrees of lockdown orders and social distancing mandates across all the states we race in. The exact end date of these measures is still in flux, but due to the nature of Covid-19 transmission, mass gatherings will be one of the last vestiges of “normal” life to be permitted. So, once again, in cooperation with our host communities, all Kinetic Multisports events scheduled through the end of June are cancelled.
To say this is an unprecedented situation is an understatement. This decision was made with great thought and consideration for the impact it has on our athletes, our communities and our business. Race day is an experience to be anticipated, embraced and shared. Every race has a personality and every smile at the finish line is priceless. With that said, we must all sacrifice, adapt and overcome as best we can in the fight against COVID-19.
Transfers to 2020 Events – Transferring your entry to a 2020 race will not be an option until we are within 30 days of the event. There is too much uncertainty around mass gatherings in 2020 and transferring athletes through multiple events multiple times creates an accounting/logistical nightmare for our team. 2020 event transfers will be allowed 15-30 days from an event so we can get an accurate count for athlete and staffing purposes.
3/18/2020 – As the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve, the CDC recommends cancelling any event with more than 50 people in attendance over the next 8 weeks to limit the spread of COVID-19. Per CDC guidance and in cooperation with our host communities, all Kinetic Multisports events scheduled prior to May 15 are now cancelled.
This is an unprecedented situation and as athletes we are as gutted about this as you are. We want to be as flexible and get back to racing with you as quickly as we can. So, we have made options available for all athletes that are registered for Smithfield (4/4), Rumpus in Bumpass (4/25), Smith Mtn Lake (5/2) and the Kinetic Triathlon Festival (5/8-5/10). The available options have been emailed to all athletes that were registered for the first 4 events. So if you were registered please check your inbox for your options. These policies will be in place for the duration of the CDC event advisory.
We’ll be ready to race with you when the dust settles. Continue to stay healthy! #GoKinetic
3/12/2020 – We want to assure you that your health, safety and well-being is our highest priority. As we approach racing season on the East Coast, be advised that Kinetic Multisports is monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and its impact on public, outdoor gatherings and races.
At this time, all Kinetic Multisports events are scheduled to occur as planned. If that changes, we will communicate updates to our athletes and the communities we race in as soon as possible. The situation evolves daily and we appreciate your patience and understanding as our company and the planet navigate this public health issue.
Take a deep breath, wash your hands, and stay home if you don’t feel well.
We are all in this together.
Stay healthy, GoKinetic.