The Culpeper Endurance Festival is staged out of Mountain Run Lake Park at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the heart of Virginia horse country. This weekend festival consists of a non-timed Gran Fondo ride on Saturday and a Sprint and Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday. The Gran Fondo is an epic tour that winds along low traffic, country roads through horse country, farmland, forests, trout streams and vineyards; all within sight of the Blue Ridge Mountains. None of these rides are flat, this is central Virginia, but these rides are gorgeous and fun. Click HERE to see what you have been missing then sign up below.
The 2018 Culpeper Starts with a rolling 1 mile run in Mountain Run Lake Park. The transition area and finish line are located on a shady bluff overlooking the spillway and Mountain Run Lake. Rolling out of T1 athletes will have a challenging bike course with good pavement, low traffic and lots of turns. It’s not a PR bike course, but it is a a lot of fun! The run course has great views of Mountain Run Lake, the Blue Ridge mountains and is a rolling mix of flats and steady hills. Sprint athletes will do one (1) loop of the run while Olympic athletes will do two (2) laps. Want to see last years race? Click HERE then sign up below.
There is so much to see and do in Culpeper, VA. Main street offers an eclectic mix of restaurants, shopping and nightlife while the surrounding area offers great hiking, biking, fishing and more. Click HERE to learn more and plan your visit.
Culpeper Gran Fondo
non timed – not a race
Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 7:00am (100 & 62 Miler) 7:30am (32 Miler)
32, 62 and 100 Mile Options
Culpeper Olympic Triathlon
Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 7:30am
Triathlon: 1500 Meter Swim (Lake); 24 Mile Bike (Rolling); 10K Run (Rolling)
Aquabike: 1500 Meter Swim (Lake); 24 Mile Bike (Rolling)
Culpeper Sprint Triathlon
Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 8am
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim (Lake); 16 Mile Bike (Rolling); 5K Run (Rolling)
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim (Lake); 16 Mile Bike (Rolling)
- Other categories available for the triathlon are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Master’s Clydesdale, Athena, Military and Novice. All categories are scored 3 deep.
- These events features a Tri-Blend Crew Style T-shirts, Custom Race Socks, Finisher’s Medals (Triathlon), Professional DJ, Bounce House and a post race meal.
- All registered cyclists get the following: (First 500 registered: finishers gift (Trucker Hat), short sleeve tri-blend shirt, custom ride socks, well supported and well stocked stations on the route and access to the post ride party with BBQ and ice cold refreshments.
- All Kinetic Multisports Triathlon races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event. (Triathlon only)
- All Kinetic Multisports races/ride registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
Joe Shrader Photography will be attending this event capturing images throughout the race course. Athletes will receive a customized email after the race, complete with race stats, and automated links to find your images. You may also go directly to their website to review their custom products, and purchase your photos from this and other Events.
Culpeper Triathlon Packet Pickup
Location: Race Site
Pre-Race Meeting: 6pm at the Race Site
Location: Race Site – Mtn Run Lake Park-16100 JB Carpenter Jr. Dr, Culpeper, VA 22701
Note: Participants must collect his/ her own event packets. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. ALL USAT annual members must show a valid USAT membership card or pay the one day membership fee ($15).
Culpeper Gran Fondo Packet Pickup Only
Location – Ride Start Site
Location – Ride Start Site – Mtn Run Lake Park-16100 JB Carpenter Jr. Dr, Culpeper, VA 22701
Note: Participants must collect his/ her own event packets. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT.
Best Western Culpeper
791 Madison Road
Culpeper, VA 22701
Suites at 249
Culpeper Center Hotel
249 E. Davis St.
Culpeper, VA 22701
Walden Hall B&B
17440 True Blue Lane
Reva, VA 22735
Camping at the local Winery
Mountain Run Winery is proud to partner with Kinetic Multisports once again to offer camping at their winery on Friday and Saturday night before the Ride/Race.
The winery is only a few miles from the Race/Ride site. More information can be found HERE
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Endorphin Fitness is the most successful coaching organization in Virginia from beginner to elite and youth to adult. Visit www.endorphinfitness.com to learn about Endorphin Fitness Group Coaching, Personal Coaching, Expert Bike Fitting, Performance Testing, and Technique Video Analysis.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphine Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Please consider making a donation to the Eastern View Field Hockey Team for all the hard work they have done for this event since 2005.The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.