The New Jersey Devilman Triathlons are the first open water races of the season in the greater Philadelphia region and are staged out of beautiful Cedarville Recreation Complex in Cumberland County, NJ. Located in the south central part of the state, it is about an hour from Philadelphia. The lake is fairly small in size so warms up quickly once the weather breaks, plus it’s a short swim! Once you finish the swim you will hit the highlight of the race, the bike course. This course is pancake flat with wide shoulders and little to no traffic. You’ll ride by saltwater marshes, inland bays and pine plantations; it’s an amazing ride! The run course is also an out and back course along low-no traffic farm roads. Be on the lookout for deer, birds and other abundant wildlife, maybe even the Jersey Devil himself! This is a fun, well run, low key early season race. There are tons of activities to keep your family occupied over the weekend, so spend some time exploring the local area. You can find more information on local attractions HERE, or view our race video HERE.
New Jersey Devilman Olympic
Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8:00 AM
Triathlon: 1K Swim (Lake); 24.5 Mile Bike (Flat); 10K Run (Flat)
Aquabike: 1K Swim (Lake); 24.5 Mile Bike
New Jersey Devilman Sprint
Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8:30 AM
Triathlon: 500 Meter Swim (Lake); 20K Bike (Flat); 5K Run (Flat)
Aquabike: 500 Meter Swim (Lake); 20K Bike
Duathlon: 1 Mile Run; 20K Bike (Flat); 5K Run (Flat)
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and all finishers will get a Jersey Devil themed Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and fabulous post race food.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Master’s Clydesdale, Athena, Military, Collegiate, High School and Novice. All categories are scored 3 deep with Duathlon going 5 deep M/F and Masters M/F per event.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include bib numbers, wave start list with start times and any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly.
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
Time: 5-7:00 PM
Location: Myron L. Powell Elementary (Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address: 225 Main St.
Cedarville, NJ 08332
Date: Sunday (Race Day)
Time: 6:30-7:30 AM
Location: Myron L. Powell Elementary (Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 7:45am at swim start for Sprint and 8:15am at swim start for Olympic
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6 PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the first wave on race morning.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Millville/Vineland
301 Bluebird Lane
Millville, NJ 08332
Holiday Inn Express
398 Smith Street
Vineland, NJ 08360
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Join a Triathlon Club! Training is more fun with friends, find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks