Just minutes from historic Williamsburg, VA and next door to the original Jamestown Settlement, the Jamestown Triathlon is a great mid-season Sprint/Olympic race. The swim takes place at beautiful Jamestown beach where you can watch Osprey catch their breakfast or see a pod of dolphins swim along the course. The bike course is flat, fast and parallels the Cap-Cap bike trail along Rt. 5. The run course is simply amazing as it winds through historic farmland and forest on a combination of bike paths and jogging trails. Be sure to stay for the weekend to experience all that the greater Williamsburg area has to offer, including the new Billsburg Brewery, the Jamestown Settlement and so much MORE.
Not sure if you should register? Well, check out these videos from the Jamestown Triathlon HERE then sign up below.
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 7:30 AM
Triathlon: 1500 Meter Swim; 40K Bike (Flat); 10K Run (Flat)
Aquabike: 1500 Meter Swim; 40K Bike (Flat)
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 7:00 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim; 20K Bike (Flat); 5K Run (Flat)
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim; 20K Bike (Flat)
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and a super cool custom Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and fabulous post race spread.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Master’s Clydesdale, Athena, Military and Novice. All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
- Beer Tent: All athletes 21 and up have access to the post race beer tent.
Joe Shrader Photography will be attending this event capturing images throughout the race course.
Athletes will receive a customized email after the race, complete with race stats, and automated links to find your images. You may also go directly to their website to review their custom products, and purchase your photos from this and other VTS-MTS Events.
Location: Jamestown Event Beach Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address: 2217 Jamestown Road
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
Date: Saturday (Race Day)
Location: Jamestown Event Beach Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 6:45 AM at swim start for Sprint and 7:15 AM at swim start for Olympic
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes. ALL USAT annual members must show a valid USAT membership card.
Pre Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the first wave on race morning.
Holiday Inn Express
1452 Richmond Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23188
(757)941-1057 or toll free at 1-800-465-4329
Fairfield Inn & Suites
1402 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188
(757) 645-3600 or toll free at 1-888-236-2427
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Endorphin Fitness is the most successful coaching organization in Virginia from beginner to elite and youth to adult. Visit www.endorphinfitness.com to learn about Endorphin Fitness Group Coaching, Personal Coaching, Expert Bike Fitting, Performance Testing, and Technique Video Analysis.
Are you looking for a Training Plan for this race? If so check out these Training Plans from our friends at Endorphin Fitness! If desiring more personalized coaching, contact Endorphin Fitness directly at email@example.com or by calling 804.741.1599
Tri Training Plan (Beginner)
Beginner 8-week training plan to prepare for the 2018 Jamestown Triathlon. Developed by the 2012 USA Triathlon Coach of The Year Michael Harlow from Endorphin Fitness. Detailed workouts laying out exactly what you need to do to get to the finish line.
Cost is $55 for 8-week plan. Click HERE to purchase the Beginner plan!
Tri Training Plan (Intermediate)
Intermediate 8-week training plan to prepare for the 2018 Jamestown Triathlon. Developed by the 2012 USA Triathlon Coach of The Year Michael Harlow from Endorphin Fitness. Detailed workouts laying out exactly what you need to do to get to the finish line.
Cost is $55 for 8-week plan. Click HERE to purchase the Intermediate plan!
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- A Proper Warm Up – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphine Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.