The MarshMan Sprint Triathlon is an amazing race in a beautiful location. Staged out of Marsh Creek State Park, this race is located just west of Philadelphia, PA and minutes from the Turnpike. The swim takes place in 500 acre Marsh Creek Lake and features a single loop, rectangular shaped swim course. The bike course is a beautiful, well paved, single loop 20k course that takes athletes through a mix of technical sections and long straightaways alongside trout streams and forests. The new 5k run course is entirely within the park and has beautiful lake views and a good uphill at mile 2. There is a ton to see and do outside of the race with kayak rentals, great restaurants and rural, back country roads. Click HERE to learn more and plan your trip.
Still not sure about registering? Watch this course preview video, then register below.
Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 7:30 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim; 20K Bike; 5K Run
Duathlon: 1 Mile Run; 20K Bike; 5K Run
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim; 20K Bike
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and a super cool custom Finishers Medal. Don’t forget the bounce house for the kids and the fabulous post race spread.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Master’s Clydesdale, Athena, Military and Novice. All categories are scored 3 deep with Duathlon going 5 deep M/F and Masters M/F per event.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
- Lastly, no swimming in Marsh Creek Lake outside of the race. Please help us maintain our great relationship with the park and follow the rules.
Transition Area Rules: Please note that bicycles will not be released from the transition area until the bike cut off time (2 hours from the last wave) or the last cyclist enters transition. The parking lots exit directly on to the bike course and we need to make sure the course is clear prior to allowing 500 cars on the road. Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter.
Wet Suit Rental
- Looking for a wetsuit to rent for this event?
- Our wetsuit rental partner for this event is BONZAI Sports now located in Vienna, Virginia and online. for more information click HERE
Time: 5-7 PM
Location: Marsh Creek State Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address: 675 Park Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
Time: 6-7:00 AM
Location: Marsh Creek State Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:15 AM at swim start.
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes. ALL USAT annual members must show a valid USAT membership card.
Pre-Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the first wave on race morning.
Hampton Inn Downington/Exton
4 N. Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341
Residence Inn by Marriott
10 Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341
Home2 Suites by Hilton
975 East Lancaster Ave
Downington, PA 19335
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphine Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.