Located on the outskirts of picturesque Smithfield in the southeast corner of Virginia, the Smithfield Sprint Triathlon is an early season favorite. Hosted by the Luter Family YMCA this race features a short pool swim, lightning fast bike, and a flat run course. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or a triathlon novice, this is a great event for you. You’ll feel safe, yet challenged on the rural bike course and will have a flat, fun run to finish your race. This race starts at 10AM and features hot showers and post race local Q Daddy’s BBQ meal. Be sure to check out our Smithfield Sprint Triathlon Video to see what you have been missing, then sign up today! New in 2020 we will be starting the race by having everyone self seed themselves for the swim start.
Smithfield Sprint Triathlon
Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Triathlon: 300 Meter Swim (Pool); 10 Mile Bike; 5K Run
Aquabike: 300 Meter Swim (Pool): 10 Mile Bike
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a tri-blend race shirt, custom race socks and a custom themed finisher medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and a fabulous post race BBQ feast. (Note – Each athlete receives 1 Free BBQ Meal with their entry, if you would like to purchase more meals for family & friends you can do it HERE)
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Athena, Military, Collegiate and Novice (No awards). All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include bib numbers, wave start list with start times and any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Friday
Time: 5-7 PM
Location: Luter Family YMCA (Inside the YMCA-Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 6 PM
Race Site Address: 259 James Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
2. Date: Saturday
Time: 8-9:30 AM
Location: Luter Family YMCA (Inside the YMCA-Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 9:45 AM at pool swim start
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre-Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6 PM on Friday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur at 9:45 just outside the pool on race morning.
Things to Do
Get to Smithfield a day early to savor the hospitality and ambiance of the town and surrounding area. Visit Genuine Smithfield to find a listing of restaurants, breweries, museums, parks and much, much more.
Get the absolute best rate on local lodging: HERE
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Kinetic Multisports Partners
LANDAU LAW LLP is a preeminent litigation and insolvency boutique. We represent clients in a broad range of business litigation and insolvency matters. Our partners predominantly are former partners of large multinational firms who have found that they can provide better service to their clients in a firm with a more flexible structure.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks
Custom Finisher Medal
Virtual Racers Instructions
Choose your distance, log your activities and times, stay safe and wait for your awesome swag (stuff we all get) to show up in the mail within 2 weeks after race weekend.
Sprint Distance Triathlon 300 meter swim, 10 mile bike, 5K run
Sprint Distance Aquabike 300 meter swim, 10 mile bike
How to log results:
You will be logging your miles directly into the RunSignUp system. You will get an email with instructions for you to upload directly. If you do not get the email, you can follow the below instructions. You will not be able to enter data until the Race Weekend and you will have until 11:59pm Sunday (live race weekend) to log your results. If you are having any trouble, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Log activities directly from the results page by clicking on Submit Virtual Results or by finding your previous results and then using the "Log Activities" button in the top section.
-Click Submit Virtual Results, Lookup, Log Activities