Staged out of St. Mary’s College and Historic St. Mary’s City, the St. Mary’s Triathlon is a spectacular race site nestled between the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac River, just a few miles from Point Lookout State Park and PAX River Air Station. Situated on a bluff overlooking the St. Mary’s River this race is easy to get to, fun to race and just minutes from great lodging and restaurant options in Lexington Park and Solomon’s Island. You will love the swim course, the buttery smooth pavement and wide shoulders of the bike course and the flat, low traffic run course. This race is a short drive from NOVA and a quick, 60 minute hop to the General Smallwood Triathlon Festival for Sprint and Olympic racing on Saturday.
St. Mary’s Olympic
Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 8AM
1500 Meter Swim (bay); 25.5 Mile Bike (flat); 10K Run (flat)
St. Mary’s Sprint
Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 8:30AM
750 Meter Swim (bay); 13 Mile Bike (flat); 5K Run (flat)
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and a shot at a super cool St. Mary’s themed Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and fabulous post race spread.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Master’s Clydesdale, Athena, Military and Novice. All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
Wet Suit Rental
- Looking for a wetsuit to rent for this event?
- Our wetsuit rental partner for this event is BONZAI Sports now located in Vienna, Virginia and online. for more information click HERE
Post Race Food
A meal and snacks will be provided to all athletes along with other goodies.
Chessie Photos will be attending this event capturing images throughout the race course. Athletes will receive a customized email after the race with automated links to find your images. You may also go directly to their website to review their custom products, and purchase your photos from this and other Series Events.
Time: 4:00-7:00 PM
Location: St. Mary’s College (Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address:16721 Point Lookout Road
Saint Mary’s City, MD 20686
Date: Sunday (Race Day)
Time: 6:30-7:30 AM
Location: St. Mary’s College (Race Site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 7:45 AM at swim start for Olympic, 8:15 AM at swim start for the Sprint.
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes. ALL USAT annual members must show a valid USAT membership card.
Pre-Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6 PM on Friday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the first wave on race morning.
On Site Lodging: How often do you get to stay within a 1/4 mile of the race start and finish area? For your convenience St. Mary’s College of Maryland is offering on campus housing in Queen Anne Hall for triathletes and their families. Dorms are three story, fully air conditioned and feature single and double occupancy bedrooms. All rooms are located in a traditional dorm style residence and are furnished with an extra long twin bed, dresser, desk, chair and closet for each occupant. Each floor is equipped with shared a common room and multiple hall baths. Pillows are provided for each bed but linens are not provide. Learn more and book your room today.
Area Lodging: There are dozens of hotels, B&B’s and campgrounds to fit your budget within 20-30 minutes of the race site. Visit the St. Mary’s County, MD website HERE for more information.
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphine Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.