Staged out of Buckroe Beach in Hampton, VA the The Tidewater Triathlon is a fun, must do sprint triathlon. Buckroe Beach Park provides a stunning setting for this mid-summer race. The 400 meter point to point swim takes place in the Chesapeake Bay and goes around a large pier, providing outstanding view of the swim course! The 10 mile bike course is closed to traffic and is a fast, 2 loop course. The run is a fast and flat out and back new 2 mile course on the boardwalk and First Street. There is plenty to see and do in the area so come in Friday night and see the local attractions before the race on Saturday. There are a multitude of activities, including the Virginia Air and Space Museum, and The Mariners Museum. Plus, it’s a short drive to Virginia Beach. Click HERE to discover your reason to visit Hampton and race the Tidewater Triathlon.
Looking to explore the race site and see others in action? Click HERE to see last years race video.
Tidewater Sprint Triathlon
Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 7:00 AM
Triathlon: 400 Meter Swim (Bay); 10 Mile Bike (Flat); 2 Mile Run (Flat)
Aquabike: 400 Meter Swim (Bay); 10 Mile Bike (Flat)
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and a super cool, custom Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and a fabulous post race pizza.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Master’s Clydesdale, Athena, Military, Collegiate, High School and Novice. All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include bib numbers, wave start list with start times and any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Friday
Location: Race Site
Pre-Race Meeting: 6pm
2. Date: Saturday
Location: Race Site
Pre-Race Meeting: 6:45am at Swim Start
Race Site Address:
100 S 1st Street
Hampton, VA 23664
Note: Participants must collect his/ her own event packets. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. Hint if you take a photo of your identification and have it on your phone that will be sufficient for ID purposes.
Click HERE for area hotels.
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- A Proper Warm Up – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.