With one of the most unique venues in our racing family, the Top of Delaware Triathlon takes place at the top of a mountain. Athletes start their day with a swim in the Newark Reservoir, a lake quarried into the side of a mountain overlooking the City of Newark. After swimming the 750 meter course, athletes will run the 1/3 mile downhill to transition at the base of the reservoir. The bike course is rolling and sometimes technical, but those miles really fly as you quickly exit the City of Newark and roll through the elegant forests of White Clay Creek State Park and Middle Run Valley Natural Area. The bike course is rolling with great pavement and has mostly right hand turns. After T2, triathletes will run to the top of the reservoir to run the paved perimeter trail featuring skyline views of the City of Newark. We promise, this race will quickly become one of your new favorites.
We promise you’ll love this race. You can check out a race video HERE, then register below. Be sure to explore Newark before heading out of town or come in a day early to check out the local parks, restaurants and breweries, or ride some of the fantastic farm roads just outside of town.
Top of Delaware
August 2, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim; 20K Bike; 5K Run
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim; 20K Bike
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and a super cool, custom Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and fabulous post race food.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Athena, Military, and Novice (No awards). All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include bib numbers, wave start list with start times and any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Saturday
Time: 5-7 PM
Location: Newark Reservoir (Race Site)
240 Old Paper Mill Road
Newark, DE 19711
2. Date: Sunday
Time: 6:30-7:30 AM
Location: Newark Reservoir (Race Site)
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. If you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the first wave on race morning.
Get the absolute best rate on local lodging HERE
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks
Custom Finisher Medal