Just minutes from I-95 this mid-season Sprint/Olympic race is fast, flat and easy to get to. Staged out of beautiful Lums Pond State Park in Bear, Delaware this is a great race for elite and novice athletes alike. The freshwater swim starts with a rectangular course that parallels the shore for the first 250 meters. The bike course is super fast and completes a large loop around the park. This course is completely flat, all right hand turns and has great pavement throughout. The run course is amazing with a beautiful, heavily forested mix of single track lake views and wide open graveled walking paths. There are mountain biking, hiking and running trails galore as well as the GoApe ropes course. Or you can relax with friends post race at Stewarts Brewing Company on the way home.
This is a beautiful race that you don’t want to miss. Be sure to check out our video HERE, then register below.
Lums Pond Olympic
Sunday August 8, 2021 at 7:30 AM
Triathlon: 1.5K Swim; 23 Mile Bike; 10K Run
Aquabike: 1.5K Swim: 23 Mile Bike
Lums Pond Sprint
Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 8:00 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim; 10 Mile Bike; 5K Run
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim; 10 Mile Bike
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and a super cool, custom Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and fabulous post race food.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Athena, Military, High School and Novice (No awards). All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include bib numbers, wave start list with start times and any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
Chessie Photo will be attending this event and capturing images throughout the race course. Athletes will receive a customized email after the race with automated links to find your images. You may also go directly to their website to review their custom products, and purchase your photos from this and other Series Events.
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Saturday
Time: 5-7 PM
Location: Lums Pond State Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address: 1068 Howell School Rd – Bear, DE 19701
2. Date: Sunday (Race Day)
Time: 6-7:00 AM
Location: Lums Pond State Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:15 AM at swim start for Olympic and 7:45 AM at swim start for Sprint
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre-Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the first wave race morning.
Get the absolute best rate on local lodging HERE
Other Lodging Available:
Four Points by Sheraton
Newark Christiana Wilmington
56 South Old Baltimore Pike
Newark, DE 19702
640 S. college Ave
Newark, DE 19713
Camping at Lums Pond State Park
Campground is located about 1/4 mile from the Race Site
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks
Custom Finisher Medal