USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All Kinetic Multisports events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT’s Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last race,
read USAT’s most commonly violated rules. After each event in our series that has an USAT Official present we will post the Official USAT Referee’s Report on the Results Page for that event.
- Need to print a USAT membership card? Click HERE.
USAT Age-Up Policy
How the “Aging Up” situation will be handled for those people changing age groups during the course of the year:
Kinetic Multisports Series scoring software coincides with the USAT “aging up” policy. Participants will compete in whichever age group they would be in as of the 31st of December in the year of the race. In other words, everyone’s age group for the current season will be determined by their age on December 31st of the year they are racing.
Example: John Smith is 34 during the entire 2018 racing season, but turns 35 on Dec. 15th, 2018. John will then compete in the 35-39 age group for the entire 2018 season for all events.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
All Kinetic Multisports Series events will follow the wetsuit guidelines set forth by USA Triathlon. Those guidelines state:
- USAT rules state that competitors may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower.
- USAT rules also state that if the water temperature is between 78.1 – 83.9 degrees, competitors may wear wetsuits but will not be eligible for awards. Kinetic Multisports Series will have a separate category for those who choose to wear a wetsuit in this temperature range. Those athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit will not be reflected in the overall results.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or above, participants may NOT wear wetsuits.
For Series scoring purposes:
- If the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower everyone will receive series scoring points.
- If the water temperature is between 78.1 – 83.9 degrees and you elect to wear a wetsuit, you will officially receive “0” points for that event. The event will count towards the minimum number of required events to become eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or higher, no one may wear wetsuits and everyone will receive series scoring points.
Wetsuit requirements and recommendations for temperatures below a certain number are for safety reasons.
- If the water temperature is below 65 degree a wetsuit is recommended for any competitor. Any type of wetsuit may be worn, (Long John or Full Suit).
- If the water temperature is below 58 degree a wetsuit will be mandatory for any competitor. Any person who is not wearing a wetsuit will not be allowed to compete. (any wetsuit is acceptable)
Expected water temperatures will be posted on our FaceBook page 24-48hrs before each event. We also have a chart of past water temperatures located in our FAQ section. HERE