All events produced and timed by Kinetic Multisports are timed with ChampionChip Equipment. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following procedures to insure successful timing of your event:
- All participants will receive their ChampionChip at packet pick up (athlete check-in). You are REQUIRED to show your paper Bib number in order to receive you timing chip. Our Volunteers are human so please double check that your timing chip number matched your bib number.
- Along with the timing chip participants will receive a Velcro ankle strap. For those participants who have their own neoprene strap they may use that for holding the timing chip.
- Relay Teams will exchange their timing chip at their bike rack located in the transition area (swimmer to biker and biker to runner).
- It is REQUIRED that all participants wear the timing chip on their LEFT ankle.
How to wear the timing chip with the provided neoprene Velcro strap:
- Thread the loose strap through the timing chip and securely fasten the Velcro
- The chip should be in a small “pocket” on the chip strap.
- Place the strap around your LEFT ankle
- Give the chip a firm pull, it should remain securely fastened
- Double check that strap is fastened correctly and securely as loss of timing chip will results in a bill of $30
REMEMBER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR CHIP AT THE FINISH LINE. YOU CANNOT USE THIS CHIP AT OTHER RACES.
IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO FINISH ANY LEG OF THE RACE YOU MUST TURN IN YOUR TIMING CHIP BEFORE CROSSING OVER ANY ADDITIONAL TIMING MATS. IN THIS EVENT TAKE YOUR TIMING CHIP TO THE TIMING CHIP COLLECTION AREA NEAR THE FINISH LINE AND INFORM THEM OF YOUR DECISION.
You will be assessed a $30 charge for your chip if not returned.