Midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia, this race is staged out of beautiful Perryville Community Park in Perryville, Maryland which is truly a hidden gem, a diamond in the rough. Nestled on forested bluffs overlooking the top of the Chesapeake Bay this park makes for the epicenter of a great race. The swim takes place in the Chesapeake Bay and is a one loop swim featuring an in water start off the dock. The Sprint bike course is a rolling out and back course while the Olympic bike course is technical with a mix of suburbia, rolling farm country and a fast, flat drag strip along River Road. The run course is mostly flat and winds its way along the Chesapeake Bay on sidewalks and back roads. This event is not to be missed and Cecil County is a great area to explore. Sailing, hiking, dining and more can be found minutes from the race site, you can learn more HERE.
Be sure to check out our race video HERE, then sign up below!
****All athletes must stay in the park until the bike route is clear of incoming bikes. If you must leave prior to the bike course being clear you MUST park outside the park at the fire department lot, approximately 1 mile from the race site. If you park inside the park, all cars will be “locked in” until the police deem the roads safe to allow cars to exit. Our goal is a safe race for ALL athletes and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Diamond in the Rough Olympic
Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 at 7:30 AM
Triathlon: 1.5K Swim; 40K Bike; 10K Run
Aquabike: 1.5K Swim; 40K Bike
Diamond in the Rough Sprint
Saturday July 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim; 8 Miles Bike; 5K Run
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim; 8 Mile Bike
- You’ll love our swag! All athletes receive a Tri-Blend Race Shirt, Custom Race Socks and all finishers will receive a super cool, Diamond in the Rough themed Finisher’s Medal. Also, don’t forget the DJ, bounce house for the kids and fabulous post race food.
- All athletes must stay in the park until the bike route is clear of incoming bikes. If you must leave prior to the bike course being clear you MUST park outside the park at the fire department lot, approximately 1 mile from the race site. If you park inside the park, all cars will be “locked in” until the police deem the roads safe to allow cars to exit. Our goal is a safe race for ALL athletes and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike, Relay Teams, Clydesdale, Athena, Military and Novice (No Awards). All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. There are however options for race registration insurance and a one time deferral. Visit our FAQ’s for more details.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include bib numbers, wave start list with start times and any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
- Are you new to the sport of triathlon and a bit nervous? Check out our training page so we can get you connected with a coach, club or training group to get you to the finish line.
Bike Line will provide bike technical support before the race start and will also be on the race course providing SAG support. If you present your race bib anytime during the 2019 race season, Bike Line will give 10% off anything in the store (with exception of close-out or special promotion items). Bike Line is located in Delaware (Middletown and Dover), home of tax free shopping. Please see their website for more information about their products and services.
Chessie Photo will be attending this event and capturing images throughout the race course. Athletes will receive a customized email after the race with automated links to find your images. You may also go directly to their website to review their custom products, and purchase your photos from this and other Series Events.
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Friday
Time: 5-7 PM
Location: Perryville Community Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address: 100 Marion Tapp Parkway
Perryville, MD 21903
2. Date: Saturday
Time: 5:30-7 AM
Location: Perryville Community Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:15 AM at swim start for Sprint and 7:45 AM at swim start for Olympic
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre-Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Friday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes before the first wave on race morning.
Best Western North East Inn
39 Elwoods Road
North East, MD 21901
311 Belle Hill Road
Elkton, MD 21921
Baymont Inn & Suites
630 South College Avenue
Newark, DE 19713
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that if you register as a Novice, you will be scored in the Novice division, not your Age Group. By registering as a Novice you will start the race in the last wave of athletes if the race is an open water swim.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license can be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Find a Club: Are you looking for a fun group of athletes to work out with? Find a club near you using the USAT Club Finder.
- Guide To Your First Triathlon – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Intro to Triathlon – Kyle Pawlazyk of Endorphin Fitness
- How Fast Can You Go – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Shoelaces – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Goal Setting – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Short Sleeve Tri Suits – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- What Kids Need From Sports – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Strength Training and the Endurance Athlete – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Power Meter – Kyle Pawlaczyk of Endorphin Fitness
- Hamstring Stretches – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Fishing for Breakthroughs – Michael Harlow of Endorphin Fitness
- Failure Is Not An Option – Camille Ronesi of Endorphin Fitness
- Winter Training – Team Z
- Swim Training – Doug Marocco of PowerBar Team Elite
- Off Season Top 10 List – Alysia Kern Lovgren of Catalyst 3 Coaching
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks
Custom Finisher Medal