The North East Triathlon is an amazing race in a beautiful location. Just minutes from I-95, a Chesapeake Bay swim and well paved country roads along Elk Neck State Forest make this a great race. The course is low traffic, hilly and technical in places, but has plenty of straightaways and beautiful views. The run course is a lightly rolling, out and back course on the shoulder heading south of town. This Chesapeake Bay waterfront town is worth a weekend away, there are plenty of boats, parks, restaurants and roads to explore. You can learn more about North East Maryland and Cecil County by clicking HERE.
We know you will love this race, watch our race video to learn more.
North East Olympic
Sunday August 21, 2022 at 7:30 AM
Triathlon: 1.5K Swim (Bay); 26.8 Mile Bike (Hilly); 10K Run (Rolling)
Aquabike: 1.5K Swim (Bay); 26.8 Mile Bike (Hilly)
North East Sprint
Sunday August 21, 2022 at 7:45 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim (Bay), 16.1 Miles Bike (Hilly), 5K Run (Rolling)
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim (Bay); 16.1 Miles Bike (Hilly)
- All athletes receive a great race, a super comfy race shirt and socks, finisher’s medal, post race food/drink, high-fives and sore muscles!
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike (swim-bike-done!), Military, Clydesdale and Relay Teams. All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. You’ll be included in their National Ranking as well as support the US Olympic Team. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. Race registration insurance is available during the registration process.
- Race Deferrals are available, learn more in our FAQ’s.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
- Is this your first race? Welcome to the sport and the Kinetic Multisports family!
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Saturday
Time: 5-7 PM
Location: North East Community Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address: 219 W Walnut St
North East, MD 21901
2. Date: Sunday
Time: 6-7:00 AM
Location: North East Community Park (Race Site)
Pre-Race Briefing: 7:15 AM at swim start
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Saturday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to the start race morning.
See what all the excitement was all about or find race photos and videos from prior races. Feel free to download and share on social media or make a purchase to support the race photographers!
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that we no longer have a Novice category/division. We now start all of our races with a time trial start (One at a time) so you can start the race where you feel most comfortable. We do however have what we call a nervous swimmer swim cap. If you are nervous about the swim make sure to ask for the nervous swimmers cap at packet pick up.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license must be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Kinetic Multisports Partners
Located in Herndon, Va., Abrams Landau Ltd., concentrates on several specific areas of personal injury law, including workers’ compensation, and other on-the-job injuries. Additionally, we advocate for those injured in car accidents, at airports and other public premises, and while participating in amateur sports and fitness activities. Abrams Landau Ltd., has been representing clients up and down the East Coast since 2000.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks
Custom Finisher Medal