Staged out of beautiful General Smallwood State Park, this triathlon has beautiful, rolling courses and low traffic roads. The swim takes place in the Mattawoman Bay, known across the Nation as a prime example of what a fully restored Chesapeake Bay tributary looks like! After a quick run to the transition area, athletes will race along the rolling, freshly paved, low traffic roads of Charles County. Once you’ve laced up your running shoes, you’ll head back to the road for another scenic, rolling course with aid stations every mile. The last mile of the course is amazing as you re-enter the park and cross over Mattowoman Bay just prior to the finish line and your fantastic post race BBQ. Don’t miss out on this early season classic just a short drive from NOVA!
On the fence about registering? Check out our General Smallwood Triathlon Video and sign up today!
REGISTER NOW RUN SIGN UP PAGE
General Smallwood Olympic
Saturday April 29, 2023 at 8:00 AM
Triathlon: 1.5K Swim (Bay); 24 Mile Bike (Rolling Hills); 10K Run (Rolling Hills)
Aquabike: 1.5K Swim (Bay); 24 Mile Bike (Rolling Hills)
General Smallwood Sprint
Saturday April 29, 2023 at 8:30 AM
Triathlon: 750 Meter Swim (Bay); 16 Mile Bike (Rolling Hills); 5K Run (Rolling Hills)
Aquabike: 750 Meter Swim (Bay); 16 Mile Bike (Rolling Hills)
- All athletes receive a great race, a super comfy race shirt and socks, finisher’s medal, post race food/drink, high-fives and sore muscles!
- Race categories available for this race are Age Group, Aquabike (swim-bike-done!), Military, Clydesdale and Relay Teams. All categories are scored 3 deep.
- All Kinetic Multisports races are USA Triathlon sanctioned events. You’ll be included in their National Ranking as well as support the US Olympic Team. Click HERE for a brief description of common USAT racing rules and how you can avoid getting a penalty in this event.
- All Kinetic Multisports race registrations are non-refundable. Race registration insurance is available during the registration process.
- Race Deferrals are available, learn more in our FAQ’s.
- All registered athletes will receive an email on the Wednesday or Thursday before the race with all the information pertaining to their entry to include any last minute details to make your race weekend go smoothly!
- Please do not exceed the speed limit inside the park (25 mph)! The speed limit is STRICTLY enforced!
- Is this your first race? Welcome to the sport and the Kinetic Multisports family!
- Please, no swimming at the race site prior to the actual race. This area is generally not set up for swimming and is a very active marina with numerous fishing boats.
2 Options for Packet Pick Up
1. Date: Friday
Time: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Location: Smallwood State Park Marina Area Parking Lot(Race site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 6 PM – Race Site
Race Site Address:2750 Sweden Point Road
Marbury MD 20658
2. Date: Saturday (Race Day)
Time: 6:30-7:30 AM
Location: Smallwood State Park (Race site)
Pre-Race Meeting: 7:45 AM at swim start.
Please Note: All participants must collect his/ her own event packet. Photo ID is required in order to collect event materials. NO ID = NO EVENT. HINT if you take a photo of your ID with your phone, that will be sufficient for photo ID purposes.
Pre-Race Meeting: An extensive pre-race meeting will take place at 6PM on Friday. If this is your first race, come to this meeting to have your questions answered. A second brief meeting will occur 15 minutes prior to race start.
No Pre-Swimming: Please, no swimming at the race site prior to the actual race. This area is generally not set up for swimming and is a very active marina with numerous fishing boats.
Explore Charles County and find local lodging and dining options HERE.
See what all the excitement was all about or find race photos and videos from prior races. Feel free to download and share on social media or make a purchase to support the race photographers!
* SmugMug Pictures
Thank you for making this event your first triathlon! There are many more people like yourself who will be racing this type of event for the first time. Please note that we no longer have a Novice category/division. We now start all of our races with a time trial start (One at a time) so you can start the race where you feel most comfortable. We do however have what we call a nervous swimmer swim cap. If you are nervous about the swim make sure to ask for the nervous swimmers cap at packet pick up.
USA Triathlon requires each triathlete to either have a current membership or purchase a 1-day license. The 1-day license must be purchased when you register. The cost of a 1-day license is $15, an annul membership is $50 for adults and $10 for kids under 18.
Below are links to additional information that you will want to review before race weekend.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful event.
If you would like to volunteer for this race just fill out the form below and we will put you to work!
"*" indicates required fields
Affiliated CharitiesThe Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families. Please consider making a donation during the registration process. You can also make a donation via their website by clicking HERE.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is a watershed protection agency that fights to keep the water we swim in clean. Please consider making a donation to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation during the registration process.
Custom Race Socks
Custom Finisher Medal